- 4 medium poblano peppers
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- ⅓ cup diced red onion or chopped scallions
- 1 heaping cup cauliflower florets, broken into small pieces
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon mexican oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked rice (basmati or brown rice)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup tomatillo salsa (store bought or this recipe)
- Sea salt freshly ground black pepper
- diced avocado
- tomatillo salsa
- green chile cashew, from this recipe
- extra lime slices
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment pepper. Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds and ribbing. Place on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper, and roast cut side up for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, cauliflower, red pepper, cumin, coriander, oregano, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is soft and the cauliflower is lightly browned, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the black beans, rice, spinach, lime juice and tomatillo salsa. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Scoop the filling into the peppers and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the avocado, cilantro, tomatillo salsa, green chile cashew cream and lime slices on the side.